Subject: [Leica] Independence day regatta
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 17:57:13 -0400

One of the founding fathers, Samuel Adams, suggested that the

U.S. Declaration of Independence be celebrated by bonfires, fireworks and

illuminations. The wimps in our local homeowners association feel that
fireworks are too dangerous and have sidestepped the issue. Instead
of fireworks we have a 4th of July boat regatta and barbeque on our 5 acre
lake. Rowboats, canoes and dinghies are decorated with a patriotic motif and
rowed in a procession. The winner, as judged by the onlookers, receives a
case of Samuel Adams beer as befitting the occasion. Then we eat and drink
the beer.

Here is my entry, a patriotically painted dinghy with my 7 year old grand
daughter standing in the bow, waving a flag, and whistling the national
anthem through the gap in her front teeth.

The pictures were taken from shore, with a P&S camera. Hardly Leica quality
but adequate for the occasion.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Boat+parade.jpg.html

Repelling the pirates.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Boat+parade+1.jpg.html