Subject: [Leica] Do people live in Indiana?
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 14:42:52 -0400

and columbus, indiana is a veritable mecca for lovers of midcentury modern
architecture!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus,_Indiana

:-)
bharani

Message: 32
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 11:49:19 -0400
From: Lawrence Zeitlin <lrzeitlin at gmail.com>
To: Leica LUG <lug at leica-users.org>

Indiana is not at all bleak. In fact it is a lovely state. I grew up in a
small town in Indiana, went to high school there, and, in summers, taught
sailing at Culver Military Academy on Lake Maxinkuckee, about 50 miles south
of South Bend. I even toyed with the idea of going to Notre Dame but I had
the wrong religion. My son got an MBA from the U. of Indiana in Bloomington,
one of the best state universities in the country. See the movie "Breaking
Away" to get an idea of what Bloomington looks like. My niece had a horse
farm in Evansville. The southern part of the state is warm and humid in the
summers and greenery flourishes. As long as people eat, the bountiful farms
will do well. We used to go sailing and camping in the large Brown County
state park. The northern part gets a lot of lake effect snow in the winter,
great for sledding but a bit flat for downhill skiing.

Chris is particularly selective in the photos he posts on the LUG. The
economy of Indiana is much better than in surrounding states in the rust
belt. If you want to see signs of a real economic disaster, go to Michigan
or Ohio.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Do people live in Indiana?)