Subject: [Leica] OT: Lightroom 3 book recommendations?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 23:29:43 +1000
References: <5F2D60C4-8273-484B-A658-E77984B5812F@mac.com> <p06240803ca3d00e77307@192.168.1.106> <CA+yJO1C5a64LQNsZjKQVfwLQdCk--a0VBGUxEjDLuy9p-VzVUA@mail.gmail.com> <CAE3QcF6+XTWVNP0B=xa0vxCy7sV1ukRZfk68WCY=z0s6aHj1+Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ4y7gyC6af35O=nnzkrvwCgpVCQnGrL3XFuGWb23wsxHjL9pQ@mail.gmail.com> <27FB707B-FAE4-44BF-82F0-AC009E0AC710@frozenlight.eu> <CAJ4y7gzpDtZMheZJ8MaP-OrO5WbTYx9qsnTHEJYhQEM3UPZ3LQ@mail.gmail.com>

Bob that is the crux of it and the reason you would benefit from Evening's
book too.

Look to the exact details of the settings in each machine, have the same
folder heirachy in each, you DO need to import the negatives wih the
catalog, you DON"T need to write anything to sidecar files if working with
DNG.
There was a bug a version or so back that stopped the importing working if
the files were separately copied or already existing on the recipient
computer. No more.
I would add that when working with the laptop I designate an automatic
second copy as insurance to an external drive, but import the catalog by
saving to a temporary drive then connecting that one to the mother machine.
Second copies are not saved in compressed form nor in the same heirachy as
on the primary.

Cheers
Geoff

*Life's not black and white, except at both ends*
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman