Subject: [Leica] Hummer
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 08:49:50 -0700

> Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 00:11:36 -0700
> From: Herbert Kanner <kanner at acm.org>
> Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hummer
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> After seeing the wonderful series of hummingbird and bumblebee
> pictures that have been posted recently, I was reluctant to post any
> of my poor attempts. Both feeders at my house are attached to the
> outside of windows by suction cups and I was shooting through the
> window; hence not great light. But this one shot appealed to me.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/Hummer.jpg.html
>
> Hummers are so fearless that I might be able to get a nice shot with
> patience from outdoors. These California hummies are also not the
> most colorful.
>
> Herb

Hi Herb,
The bird is sharp and you caught the wings without blur which is very
hard to do.
Well done!
I use a white card board reflector to get some light on the underside
of my
fuchsia basket - you might experiment with that.
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] Hummer)