Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 and M9 list
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 19:31:46 -0700

A small point about film vs. digital costs.

1/ An example of shooting digital as a stock photographer. A buddy of mine,
we both shoot for MASTERFILE STOCK AGENCY out of Toronto CANADA. He has done
"STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY" his complete career. 40 years at minimum! He fought
adamantly against using digital because it meant he would have to buy a
zillion dollars..... "actually many many thousands of dollars to switch to
digital cameras and lenses from film."

He gave in! READY? The first full year shooting digital he saved $20,000.00
dollars in film and processing costs! He never looked back to film ever
again!

Now I realize you and many others on the list don't spend multi-multi
thousands a year on film and processing. In my own situation I can't afford
to shoot film.... PERIOD!  Dollar for dollar, digital once over the hump of
acquiring the gear, one can not do anything but save money shooting digital.

Now if you are a roll or two a month.... heaven forbid so little even as an
amateur. I can understand your cost dilemma. But even then in the long run
over time, the bottom line would probably still work out money in your
pocket for an extra body or lens.

But it comes down to each his own. What is good and applicable for one, may
not work for many.

cheers,
Dr. ted