Subject: [Leica] Digital vs film cost EYES!
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 17:58:19 -0400

Ted,

There is hope with macular degeneration!  A physician friend of mine was
diagnosed with it at age 80 but he's doing fine now.  A change of diet
helped a lot.  I'm sure others here know more about it, but this is what
I've found so far:
*
*
*What can you or your loved one do if diagnosed with macular degeneration?*

First it is important to modify those environmental risk factors that we
know about.

1. Eat a low-fat, low cholesterol diet.

2. If you are post menopausal, you should consult with your physician
concerning estrogen replacement therapy. This may have a favorable impact
upon cholesterol lipid levels that play a role in worsening the disease.

3. Wear sunglasses with UV protection.

4. Try to consume at least two servings of leafy dark green vegetables per
day.

5. Do not smoke and avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.

6. Eat food and or supplements rich in vitamin E,C and Lutein. Lutein is a
plant antioxidant found in high quantities in spinach, kale and other dark
green, leafy vegetables

Number 2 doesn't apply to you, but I'm sure you could do the rest.  You need
to do whatever you can to preserve that one good eye!  Get a second opinion
and some options on what you can do.

Good luck and lots of love!!

Tina