Subject: [Leica] OT - Social Security
From: alal at poly.edu (A.Lal)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 19:31:57 -0400

The point is that there are lots of folks who have no job and little hope of
finding a traditional full time job with full benefits.  Thus they have no
option but to collect SS as soon  as they are eligible. In the US the
European style state funded or Asian style family 'Safety Net' does not
exist.

 Remember the 'official' unemployment rate in the US is around nine point
something percent; the real rate is double that.