Subject: [Leica] PESO: Family Time, 2011
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:57:32 -0400

As they say in the Invasion of the Body Snatchers:
- the Pod People
I love it when they try to run me down on the sidewalk.

>From the wiki:
 The Pod People are indistinguishable from normal people, except for their
utter lack of emotion. The Pod People work together to secretly spread more
pods ? which grew from "seeds drifting through space for years" ? in order
to replace the entire human race.
The film climaxes with Bennell and Driscoll attempting to escape the Pod
People, intending to warn the rest of humanity. They hide; Driscoll fights
an overwhelming urge to sleep, but when she briefly drifts away, she is
instantly subverted, becoming one of the Pod People. With the Pod People
close behind, a seemingly crazed Bennell runs onto the highway frantically
screaming about the alien force which has overrun Santa Mira to the passing
motorists and (in a moment that is considered a breaking of the Fourth Wall)
looks into the camera and yells, "THEY'RE HERE ALREADY! YOU'RE NEXT! YOU'RE
NEXT!"

Caps mine.

Mark William Rabiner