Subject: [Leica] Thinking about a D700 or D7000
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 10:53:07 +0530

Peter,
I have and use both. If I could keep only one body, I would choose the D700,
but as I keep two bodies with me when I travel, I quite like the flexibility
offered by having both Full Frame and APS-C bodies around, especially for
wildlife. I find the handling very intuitive, but then I have been using
Nikon SLRs from the late 1960s, so that is hardly surprising. The image
quality is quite exceptional, and the D700 is the best body I have ever used
on this count. The D700 is usable without compromise upto ISO 6400, and the
D7000 upto ISO 3200, in fact, I have them on Auto ISO at these settings for
much of my use. Here is a sample of each:

D700 at ISO 6400:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/People/_JGJ0870-EditBW.jpg.html

D7000 at ISO 3200:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/Ranthambhore_001/2011/Ranthambhore_20110305_0075-Edit.jpg.html

Both are exceptional SLRs and you will not regret purchasing either one. I
really cannot compare either with the M8 or M9, as I have not used either of
those.

Cheers
Jayanand