Subject: [Leica] D700 or D7000
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:56:04 -0500

On Aug 14, 2011, at 12:10 AM, John McMaster <john at chiaroscuro.co.nz>
wrote:

> So (other than IR filters) what makes this better than an M8?
>
> john

Apparently, for some, more sensor real estate is always better - unless it's
a Leica M8 1.33 - when all of a sudden 1.5 becomes worth considering - even
though we leap from precision range finder for manual focus of M lenses to
EVIL electronic. No need to discuss CCD fine detail rendering vs. CMOS, or
any other image file qualities; handling or RF ergonomics.

I respect everyone's personal choices; for whatever reasons; though not
everyone's presentation of them as if actual facts.

Out of my 3 serious digital camera kits: DMR, M8, 5D - the Leica gear out
performs, in every way that concerns me, the 5D except in auto-focus and
high ISO. I enjoy manual focus, aperture rings on lenses, and simple,
ergonomic, perfectly positioned manual camera controls.

YMMV

George

George

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] D700 or D7000)