Subject: [Leica] Brian's Presentation
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 07:10:08 -0500

On Aug 14, 2011, at 11:07 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:

> Are we leaving out of the equation the fact the tens of millions of people
> now are putting their pix or movies or sounds into hard disks they can not
> make them fast or cheap enough and these tens of millions of people are all
> going to be wanting to see their pix, movies and audio in twenty years ore
> more or less?

I observe a spit personality in the masses of people regarding their and
others photography.
The ease of making, distributing and accessing photographs on phones and
other computer devices, along with the shear glut of photographs on the
Internet, has certainly reduced the sense of the value of of any single
"photograph." Facebook albums, flickr, et al give the sense that they're all
there all the time.

This past Saturday i watched someone use their iPhone to evaluate an album
of 42 photographs. Very depressing. They believe they have "seen" the
photographs. I doubt they'll go back and look at them on "the big screen."
It's on to the next view of a different event on someone else's phone. The
viewing also appears very egocentric. "Pictures of me and mine are what I
want to see and show you on my phone and facebook page."

We who obsess over quality, with our insatiable appetite for fine
photography, large, calibrated screens and prints, are a small minority.

George