Subject: [Leica] Brian's Presentation
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:45:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> The term "spray and pray"  is idiotic.

Spray and pray was the mantra of many wildlife photographers long before
digital (and is even more so now).  I recall a discussion on this list of
this subject, how was I going to get the peak action of a leopard chasing a
gazelle with my SL when in the F5 a roll of film was exposed in ten seconds
and the camera had motorized rewind & automatic film loading so it would be
ready for the next 36 exposures within seconds.

Last fall while photographing bears another photographer left his camera and
flash on burst mode... he made ten exposures for every one of mine (he also
hacked bushes for a better view and got within two meters of the mother bear
for his photos).  An infinite number of DSLR users with an infinite supply
of memory cards sooner or later will produce a good photo.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Brian's Presentation)