Subject: [Leica] IMG: Modern Family Travel
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 21:04:25 -0500

Back when I was a little kid, one of my older cousins got the bright idea of
landing his biplane in our great-grandma's pasture on the outskirts of
Montgomery, Louisiana.  It was the first time a plane ever landed in that
town.

Lots of people came out to see it, especially when he got ready to take
off.  It was a real hot summer day, so I guess there was not a lot of lift;
and you guessed it, Jim. He mis-judged the tree height at the fence line,
and failed to become the first plane to take off in Montgomery.

He didn't crash, but they had to take off the wings and tow the plane out of
town to a much bigger field.

Family travel has sure changed