Subject: [Leica] IMG: Modern Family Travel
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 22:43:36 -0500

Hi Sonny,

Interesting story.  Problems can occur in Winter, as well.  I flew my family
into a grass airport at the town in North Mississippi where our parents
lived.  Overnight, they got an unexpected 12 inches of snow.  The snow on
the nose of the airplane came up to the level of the wing.

By the end of the weekend, snow had melted on the roadway, but was still
solid on the grass field.  We pushed the plane out to the highway, and I
became very familiar with every wire that crossed the road.  My Dad knew the
Highway Patrolman, and they held up traffic long enough for me to take off
on the highway, and fly to the next town where there was a short paved
strip.  My family met me there and we made our way back home.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA