Subject: [Leica] Quality control while Leica basks in wealth
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 21:27:31 -0400

I'm so sorry to hear about your problems with the Leica M9, especially
because I think I told you that you would not regret the purchase :-(   That
was based totally on my experience which has been only good.  My M8's and
M9's have preformed flawlessly.  I've sent the M8 and Noctilux in to be
matched and one M8 to be upgraded.  Other than that, I've had no problems
that Leica would have to address.  I have dropped my M8's in rivers and my
M9's on concrete.  I've never had a hot pixel.  It's a possibility that I
wouldn't know a hot pixel if it smacked me in the face, but I do examine my
photos at 100% corner to corner and I've never seen one.

I hope your luck improves and that you don't get rid of the M9 - the best
camera I've ever used.

Tina