Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wrinkles
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 12:14:35 -0400

Every time I put a zoom on my camera I wonder how I ever shot a picture
without one. We can be purists and say what we want but they are a boom to
photography. Then When ever I put a fixed lens on I think why did I ever
need a zoom? They are so light, fast, sharp and elegant. So I go back and
forth. Am easily swayed. Very suggestible.
I'm used to saving up a whole year for a Leica lens and having it cost in
the thousands. Nikon is way way cheaper. They're high end super glass is
priced like the single cheapest Leica lens in the catalog. Just over a
thousand or certainly under two.  So I figure I should be able to swing that
even if it takes some time so I can get their best offerings. Not their
bazooka lenes. I've never needed long glass all that much and don't know
that much about them. I have a 300 4.5 air I got used for just over 100
dollars. My only lens with a tripod ring. Lets just say its sharper than my
70-300mm  f4-5.5.6D Nikor AFD ED.
--
Mark R.