Subject: [Leica] Earthquake!
From: john at chiaroscuro.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 07:44:06 +1200

Anything less than a 4 doesn't make the news here (NZ), Christchurch has
suffered over 8450 earthquakes since its first big one nearly a year ago!
The depth of the quake and various other factors come into account, I think
the Mercalli Scale is of more use as it measures the force at a particular
location rather than at source.

john