Subject: [Leica] OT LR question
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 16:04:08 -0400

>From Lightroom > Help > Filter by File Size

   - [image: Previous] <WS638E3AC9-A04C-4445-A0D3-F7D8BA5CDE37.html>
   - [image: Next] <WS83164FCD-3901-4021-80BE-AF8526CCE1CB.html>

*Home <WS4bebcd66a74275c365f6461b1246e9b4cf8-8000.html>* / *Using Photoshop
Lightroom 3* <WS4bebcd66a74275c365f6461b1246e9b4cf8-8000.html> / *Organizing
photos in the catalog* <WSC09A070C-703A-47ca-B473-62454756B1D4.html> /
*Viewing
and editing metadata* <WSE4A578CD-C387-4da5-B0A0-8C3B9D4CD858.html>
View photo metadata

Was this helpful?YesNo

In the Library module, the Metadata panel displays the filename, file path,
rating, text label, and EXIF and IPTC metadata of selected photos. Use the
pop-up menu to choose a set of metadata fields. Lightroom has premade sets
that display different combinations of metadata.
 With one or more photos selected in the Grid view, or with a single photo
selected in the Filmstrip in Loupe, Compare, or Survey view, choose any of
the following from the pop-up menu at the top of the Metadata
panel:Default Shows
the filename, copy name, folder, rating, text label, and a subset of IPTC
and EXIF metadata.

All Plug-In Metadata Displays custom metadata created by third-party
plug-ins. If you don?t have any plug-ins installed, filename, copy name, and
folder are displayed.

EXIF Shows the filename, file path, dimensions, and EXIF camera metadata
such as Exposure, Focal Length, ISO Speed Rating, and Flash. If your camera
records GPS metadata, the information appears as EXIF metadata.

*EXIF and IPTC Shows the filename, size, type, location, metadata status, as
well as all EXIF and basic IPTC metadata.*

IPTC Shows the filename and basic IPTC metadata: Contact, Content, Image,
Status, and Copyright metadata.

IPTC Extension Shows the filename and IPTC metadata for model and artwork
releases and other types of licensing rights.

Large Caption Shows a large caption edit box and the copyright box.

Location Shows the filename, copy name, folder, title, caption, and location
fields.

Minimal Shows the filename, rating, plus Caption and Copyright metadata.

Quick Describe Shows the filename, copy name, file path, rating, and the
following EXIF and IPTC metadata: Dimensions, Date Time, Camera, Title,
Caption, Copyright, Creator, and Location.

In the Metadata panel, if an IPTC metadata field displays an arrow, clicking
the arrow is a quick way to find and view all photos containing the specific
metadata.

If multiple photos with different metadata settings are selected, the
metadata fields display <mixed>. To show the metadata for the photo that?s
targeted (active) within the selection, choose Metadata > Show Metadata For
Target Photo Only. If more than one photo is selected in the Filmstrip in
Loupe, Compare, or Survey view, the Metadata panel displays metadata only
for the active photo.

If your camera records GPS metadata, the information appears as EXIF
metadata. If your camera does not support GPS, you can use a geotagging
device to capture GPS coordinates, and then use third-party software to
merge that data with the photo. Alternatively, Jeffrey Friedl?s
GPS-Support <http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/gps>plug-in
allows you to ?geoencode? photos in Lightroom. The tutorial Lightroom 3 and
geotagging: step-by-step
how-to<http://www.photohowto.info/adobe-lightroom-3-and-geotagging-step-step-how>,
by Jan Polzer, shows how to use the plug-in.

Hope this helps.

Tina