Subject: [Leica] BAR
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 20:21:16 -0700

Lluis Ripoll SHOWED:

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Barcelona/L1023091a2BN1w.jpg.html

Lluis mon ami,
Beautiful use of the available light and the moment!

Works perfectly as I've offered so many times to many hundreds of beginning
and experienced photographers:

"IF YOU CAN SEE IT! YOU CAN SHOOT IT!"  Your photograph is a beautiful
example of my quotation. If one were to use flash-twinkie light here it
would absolutely destroy the visual moment completely!

However what we do see in many photo situations today, are images taken by
"EIO's! Electronic Instrument Operators!"  In other words digital camera
button pushers with no photographic knowledge nor learning's. They hold up
the EI, ( electronic instrument) push button, then look at screen after the
twinkie light has flashed and they become in that one flashing moment
"competent world class photographers!"

When in truth they are nothing more than button pushers on an electronic
instrument! But in their pea sized brain they truly think they're very
talented photographers because.... "Look at the picture I just took!" As
they hold out their digital phone camera. :-(

It is the likes of these humans that are destroying the livelihoods' of true
professional photographers. Try and explain about light? Response? "I don't
need anything like that, as my digital camera automatically sets everything!
I just have to look on the screen and take the picture!"

I merely shrug my shoulders and walk away, as anything photographic is
beyond the mental abilities of many of these EIO's! :-(

But then I look at a real world photograph like yours. I smile to myself,
feel good and think.... "Thank goodness for the Lluis' in the world" who are
real photographers, see light, use it and take wonderful photo moments by
available existing light!
It's a beautiful photo moment Lluis, good on you! :-)
cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] BAR)