Subject: [Leica] Kodak in trouble? What does this mean for Leica?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 22:06:21 -0400

Perhaps Leica should start a contest to see who can make them the best
sensor for their M9 and S2? And charge big money to enter. That's how
magazines keep afloat now. Contests and trade fairs. Seminars.
I take it Kodak is Leica's main sensor maker now. I hope there are others
I've heard the pickings are way slim which seems odd as digital cameras are
right up there as a main consumer item. What's bigger than digital cameras
smart phones and tablets? I'd think someone could Leica them a nice sensor
if Kodak goes under. I loved going to Rochester and seeing the company and
all the stuff. But that company has always been very frustrating. NOt high
on my list ever since they stopped making Panatomic X and now Kodachrome.
I did love Rochester though. I'd go back in a minute. On a plane with
propellers.
And the Kodak building is really spooky!

--
Mark R.