Subject: [Leica] OTD On This Day October 3rd
From: taichung00 at yahoo.com (taichung00)
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 05:57:55 -0700 (PDT)

Bravo!? Even before acquiring the the purpose-built cameras, you were seeing
panoramas.
My introduction to something like this came from soil scientist Mary
Brodahl, who while doing solitary field work in the western vastness, played
at capturing the feel of places with these cut-and-paste spreads. Sometimes
they took on ripples and waves like a heaving accordian's bellows, and
threatened mal de mer. I think this was in the '70s. They were thrilling to
me, a kind of lateral topography seen in a fun house mirror. Subjective,
true, yet more evocative of the sensations attendant to being in a place
than any single shot!
Thank you for Pioneer,
?? Bruce Humphrey