Subject: [Leica] Lake Nakuru
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 18:45:15 +0800

Hi Luggers,
As a change of pace from all that sex on the savannas here are a few
pictures from Lake Nakuru - Kenya's pre-eminent bird sanctuary.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/4PelicansHw.jpg.html

Pelicans taken with the GH2 and the 100 - 300. I found the bird
photography frustrating. There were so many birds it was very hard to
shot a group of them without having a distracting background. Lake
Nakuru is famous for its flamingos but they were always too far away
for my glass.

Esther's picture of Birchell's zebras. The 45 - 200 worked well with
the bigger animals but was less successful with the birds - not enough
reach.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/3Burchell_sZebrasEw.jpg.html

Here's Esther's take on water buffalo and bird.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/BuffabirdEw.jpg.html

And here is mine:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/BuffBirdHw.jpg.html

And here is eye contact with a Rhino in the woods. My picture.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/RhinoHw.jpg.html

C&C always welcome. Please look large.

Cheers

Howard