Subject: [Leica] Introducing myself
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 21:04:05 +0200

Hello everyone,I have registered at the LUG mailing list + gallery a few
days ago and posted a few pictures to
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Jean-Michel/thanks to Philippe Amard who
very gracefully informed me of the challenging topics and exciting pictures
shared by LUG members.  I started taking pictures back in ... 1964 with a
rangefinder camera (an Ansco I believe it was), then I bought a Minolta X-1
and finally switched to Leica gear (M6, IIIc, M8). I have done some lab work
a few years ago, this is probably why I don't believe, for the time being,
in bringing too many changes to the pictures I take. I have no favourite
themes I would work on for days but the way  the light transforms the world
I live in is something I like to capture - modestly! The reason why there
are many pictures of the US in my album is because I have family there - as
well as in Switzerland, a wonderful country for picture taking.I live in
Strasbourg, in the east of France, close to the German and Swiss borders. A
special thank you to Geoff Hopkinson who gave me some very sound advice
before I decided to move from film to digital picture taking. I hope I'll be
able to keep up with the email volume I get ... almost every second! Thank
you for your comments and ideas - I'm still in the learning process.
Jean-Michel (Mertz)

Replies: Reply from corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst) ([Leica] Introducing myself)
Reply from corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst) ([Leica] Introducing myself)
Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Introducing myself)