Subject: [Leica] Where is that new M9 firmware!
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:59:38 +1000

The new firmware has just been released. You can get it via the L Camera
Forum now. It is just bug fixes*.*
http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m9-firmware-v1-174/205559-firmware-download-v-1-174-a.html#post1860408
Note that the link is to the unzipped file ready to copy to the root of a
formatted card.
The M9 page on the international site doesn't appear to be updated as yet.
I have loaded 1.174 in my camera already. No discernible differences for me
but then I never saw any of the SDHC related bugs..
I suggest as usual that you retain a card with your last exposure on it and
put that back in your camera after completing the update from a second card.
Doing it this way guarantees no disruption to your file numbering. Note that
I did not lose any menu settings at alll. I think that both have been the
case for a while anyway, despite the wording of the instructions.

Cheers
Geoff

*Lighting- eyes- action*
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman