Subject: [Leica] This is why there's no 30MP M10...
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 21:42:46 -0400

I never understood the digital photographers whining about files being too
large for their computers to handle. These fullframe D-SLRs make tiny files.
Try working with my scans of hasselblad chromes from my trip to New Mexico.
The file right from the scanner is 450mb and by the time I add layers for
adjusting contrast and color plus dodging and burning, they weigh in at
nearly a gigabyte EACH. I have a Mac Pro with 12 gig of RAM and 8 cores. Its
very fast, even with these gigantic files.

Even my ancient G4 with dual 1.25ghz processors and a mere 2 gig of ram did
quite well with my scans. Opening and saving was slow, a few minutes to
save, but other operations on the huge files were not really slow at all
even on that old system.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography