Subject: [Leica] Lolita the Cheetah
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 21:48:15 +0800

Hi Luggers,
My Macbook is still in the Genius Bar hospital so I am having to improvise
with my Safari editing.

Apple promised a 1 - 3 day turn around and we are now on Day 11 - lack of
spare parts - Steve would not be pleased.
I have turned to my MacBook Air and started to (slowly) process on it with
CS 4 from my backup disk.

Here are three photos of Lolita the Cheetah. She started the day on a far
hill on top of a jeep and our guide would not drive off track so we could
get close enough to get the money picture - although everyone else did. We
were, however, rewarded for following the rules when she walked over the
hill, which we quickly drove around, and came to rest on a rock just a few
yards from us:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Kenya/Cheetah1W.jpg.html>

She settled in and I talked to her and she responded by taking up poses like
the professional model that she really is:

Pose One:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Kenya/Cheetah2W.jpg.html>

Pose Two:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Kenya/Cheetah3W.jpg.html>

I took another 300 or so pictures before everyone became hungry enough to
force me away for breakfast.

One of my most satisfying safari encounters. C&C always welcome. Please look
large.

Howard (back in sunny, polluted, Hong Kong)

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Lolita the Cheetah)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Lolita the Cheetah)
Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] Lolita the Cheetah)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Lolita the Cheetah)