Subject: [Leica] M9's.. Used
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 07:20:49 +0530

Frank,
Who wants a Nocti? Not me! All I would need is a 35 and a 75/90 - just
two lenses would do, and they need not be super fast if the sensor can
deliver anything like contemporary sensor performance. At least if
they do come out with an autofocus 'M' camera system it would force
the customers to buy new, like the S2 did, and that would
automatically strengthen the company financially. I see this
definitely coming n the next year or two. I know how Blackstone and
such PE firms operate, and believe me, they would not have invested
without a good probability of a major financial upside, which this
will deliver. It will also complete the shift from slow selling manual
focus systems (perceived by the market to be technologically behind
the times) to faster selling autofocus ones as the main thrust. As for
the cost, there are more than enough oligarchs in Asia for them to
target and sell to. Can you imagine how much an autofocus M10 Special
Edition would cost? Enough margin to give Kauffman a wet dream, I
would imagine! (-:
Cheers
Jayanand