Subject: [Leica] How low does pigment go?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 04:23:42 -0400

Thanks for the tips Hoppy these are points I'm taking well and are well
takin or both.
The 3880 1100 bucks vs the 3000 500 bucks is my major consideration thinking
how long it would take to swing either money. The later by January first.
I don't have a 17x22 portfolio going as of yet. Not one print and nothing to
put it in and nobody who wants to hang them on their wall and no ambition to
carry them on the subways. But I know some day that will happen. I think
when I'm 70 I'm only 60.
Continuing my 13x19"  even feels extravagant. Its not just the paper its
also as you well know the ink.
My last show was  March 2009 in the UK Manchester at The Real Camera Company
gallery I printed it up on new to me skinny format 11x17 paper which fitted
nicely under their 15x 20 inch glass from the look of the jpegs they sent
back to me.
I printed it on Hahnem?hle rag mat paper. Several bucks a sheet. I have a
spare box full of it I could use for my next show. Unless its past its
expiration date. I know I am.
I did have and attend plenty of shows which were 11x14" and most of my
"portfolios" I had and my photographer friends had were that size that we'd
carry around and show people. Its a wall size its been said.
8x10 is kind of a hand held size.
Unless you are an Edward Weston contact print.

Thanks again!

What's holding over till January is a
  Canon PIXMA iP4920 Photo Inkjet Printer  costing 90 bucks and print
Hahnem?hle 188 gsm rag matt paper and has black ink which is pigment all the
other colors being dye. The idea of that kind of turns my head around.
I'll print 5x7's with it on Moab paper as it comes in that size and my
shopping lists. You cant tell it from the Hahnem?hle. Utah; Germany what's
the difference?
Thursday  is the Photoexpo and I need to bring a CD with the PDF printed on
it for my free ticket to get in this year. The biggest photo show in the
world. I may walk home I need the excursive!

--
Mark R.