Subject: [Leica] New S lens vs. Schneider Kreuznach tilt shift glass.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 13:14:55 -0400

I played with these yesterday. Or watched the guy show them too me at
Photoexpo. I'm not going today the snow is falling today the size of small
gerbils.
https://www.schneideroptics.com/ecommerce/CatalogSubCategoryDisplay.aspx?CID
=1822  or
http://tinyurl.com/4ynsxqr

I've never seen anything more gorgeous with this blue trim they have on it.
Schneider Kreuznach.

Their 120 5.6 fits on your Mamiya phase 1 camera and only cost
$5,657.00. I'd have guessed 10.

They have a 90mm 4.5 for your nikon for only $3,962.00 EA
I guess EA does not really stand for "each".
https://www.schneideroptics.com/ecommerce/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?CID=1822&II
D=8295
because the JSK optics which are one of the very few sources to give Leica
glass a run for their money they turn your camera, full frame or medium
format or cropped into a view camera with a large range of tilt shifts.

And while 3 to 5 thousand dollars makes a Nikon Canon user blanch a Mamiya
user ever this is what a Leica user of today spends on his starter slow
normal lens. Chump change.

A good way to class up my Lowly Nikon D700. I saw on on a D3.

A direct comparison between a Mamiya/phase1 with theses new lenses and the
S2 glass would not be direct as the guy reminds me.
Becuae as should be quite obvious we're not comparing glass. We're comparing
whole systems.
But I have no problem with comparing whole systems.
Because when I win the lottery or start knocking off banks the system I
could get into could be Phase 1 with the blue glass.

--
Mark R.