Subject: [Leica] Can't We Contribute to to Public Service?
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 08:31:18 +0530

Bob,
I really do not understand - how does giving a photograph away, which is
hardly illegal, devalue an entire profession? All that statement means is
that the profession has not changed in keeping with the times, and is
getting to be a dinasour. Market realities change, and any good business man
will change his strategies to reflect current realities. If selling prices
are 5% of what they were 10 years ago, that is the market and the current
reality, and a business will find a way around it - or sink, and let someone
else fill the gap. In photography, it is the slow death of the print media
that we see around us that is responsible for most of the angst. All that
means is photographers need to get themselves a robust business model that
works in the digital world, which, believe me will evolve.
Cheers
Jayanand

Sent from my iPad