Subject: [Leica] Snow roses
From: dennis.leicam6 at gmail.com (Dennis Kushner)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 23:46:28 -0400

When the daylight was rapidly fading, I grabbed the 85mm Soft Focus lens
& snapped a few shots. I wasn't paying attention to what f stop the lens
was set at.
The f stop was 2.2 wide open & the lens more pleasing at f 4, especially
for portraits.
The max f stop is 5.6 where it is close to normal. If I had used it earlier
in the day,
I would have used all 5 f stops of the same image. My thought was to
isolate & center
the rose from the branches. Also the setting sun was behind & off a bit to
the right
& blocked by a house next door. Taken around 5:30 PM. Perhaps the magic of
shooting from the shadow side???
.
Rosebud & others was with a Viv S1 105/2.5 Macro lens. It was to high up
for me to get closer
& I kept hitting the bush & shaking the branches. Between that & the wind,
was lucky to get
any usable image.

Since this was a freak snowstorm this time of year, I doubt that I would be
able
to shoot under the same weather conditions with some roses still on the
bush.

Thanks to all for looking & commenting.

Dennis