Subject: [Leica] Veela (was: Re: IMG: Fleamarket)
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 05:00:53 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

George Lottermoser wrote:

>On Oct 31, 2011, at 10:09 PM, Doug Herr wrote:
>
>> I should mention the Veela I encountered (or, was encountered by) during
>> my vacation last summer with the grandkids... or maybe I shouldn't.
>
>C O M E   O N   Doug
>You can't just tease like that.

Last summer SWMBO and I took a couple of grandkids camping for a week in
Northern California.  For those who haven't visited the area, this is a
heavily-forested, sparsely populated area known for its rugged wilderness
and for hidden, fortified cannabis farms.

We stopped during our travels at a highway rest area in the remote coastal
mountains to allow the grandkids (5 and 8 years old) some run-around time,
where I noticed a 20-something Veela wanna-be working the crowds.  She was
flirting with nearly anything with a Y chromosome and a better car than
hers, which is to say nearly anything with a Y chromosome.  She also had an
adorable puppy on a crude hand-made leash.  Leaves, twigs and dust were
embedded in the pup's fur, and as far as I could tell the puppy had the
benefit of all of her grooming skills.

Her game seemed to be getting whatever handouts she could from the other
travelers, whether cash or food or puppy supplies (she scored a bag of puppy
chow while I was there).

I also noticed that there were three 20-something males she seemed to
ignore... a bit puzzling until I saw one of them retrieve some personal
items from her car.  Aha!  The FOUR of them were together!  She was ignoring
them, and they were keeping their distance, to improve her game.

At one point she bent over to place the puppy food in the car when a puff of
breeze revealed that she was not wearing any underwear.  I did not point
this out to the grandkids or to SWMBO.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com