Subject: [Leica] IMG: Yosemite critters
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 16:50:03 -0800

For those who asked:

Both images were shot at about 170mm. Much of the time the lynx (bobcat) was
perhaps 20 feet away from us? He/she seemed totally uninterested in us and
quite thrilled my wife when he crossed the path only a yard or so in front
of her! Later he walked on the path with us, leading the way, before
descending through the boulders and woods below the path.

We were on the Valley Floor trail just up from Yosemite Falls when we first
encountered the 'cat. We were alerted because a deer up the hillside was
behaving strangely: he seemed to be stalking something. That something was
the bobcat. After a while, maybe five minutes? Or ten? the deer gave up and
let the cat go on its way.

I was amazed at how the animals coat blended into both the shade of the
forest and the bright rocky talus rocks.

I have some other images made with the 100mm APO Leica lens but they are at
a somewhat greater distance.

It was VERY cool.

In case you missed it there is another image associated with that set:

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/20000597_CWmbP5#1576067795_SvWCtBj>

You can get the detailed information using the Info feature.

Adam