Subject: [Leica] HUMOUR :-) A photo which costs more than a Cindy Sherman!
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 19:44:27 -0500

The term Fine Art is not an indicator of quality, but of type. It
distinguishes art that typically hangs in galleries and museums from
Commercial Art, which means things like advertising design, logo design,
book layout, illustration, sign painting, etc. There's some overlap, as
some commercial art gets recognized by the fine art world of galleries and
museums.

The painter you talked to was an uneducated fool. Photography has been
recognized as art for a century now, and is part of the collections of all
of the world's great art museums.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography