Subject: [Leica] A photo that costs more than a Cindy Sherman.
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:15:41 -0700

George Lottermoser wrote:
I do not intend this to defend outrageous prices on art by living artists
(anymore than I would defend outrageous salaries to athletes or film
stars). Nor do I intend to claim that Gursky's work is "great art."
Yet I can easily see Gursky's place in the "photography as art" world; as
well as in the history of the photographic medium; as I can with most of
the "art photographers" so often deprecated.

Well said, George.  I agree.  The aims and ideals of those artists have
little to do with the kind of photography most of us engage it.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE