Subject: [Leica] IMG: Artist's Model - Printing
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 22:37:51 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 Ken Carney <kcarney1 at cox.net>

>Alan,

>You might give it a shot.  My results with the "fiber" inkjet papers and
>the ImagePrint RIP for B&W have been excellent, in fact I would say
>better than the darkroom.  The cost isn't that bad, though the RIP costs
>about as much as the printer, $800 or so.    Not that much in the photo
>scheme of things, I guess.

>Ken
====================================================================================================
I don't have $800 to spend, but if I did, I could probably put in a darkroom
at home. In my basement I have everything (including a rotary print dryer)
that I had in the darkroom in my parent's house before my mother sold it to
move to a retirement apartment.  I'm always at the computer at work when I'm
not out shooting, so making wet prints would be a welcome change of pace.  I
always liked working under safelights with both music and the sound of
running water.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee