Subject: [Leica] IMG: Film Shots from the Airport
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:29:31 -0600

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the input.  I looked at all of the used ltm lenses available, and
most of the Leica products had problems of some sort.  I owned a Summarit at
one time, and was never really happy with it.  This Canon appeared suddenly
on RFF and I jumped on it. I got my first film back this morning, and most
images look fine to me.  I only see two problems to deal with.  First, the
infinity lock seems to intrude more than those on my Leica lenses, but I am
getting used to working with it.  Second, I probably need to find a hood of
some sort.  The indoor shot appears to have some flare in the lower corners.

The glass in this lens is perfect, so your comments on the coatings appears
to be right on.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA