Subject: [Leica] IMG: meditation - Gene
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:00:39 -0600 (CST)

Hi Philippe,

Yes, that would be nice, but I do have an old 55/3.5 Micro-Nikkor from way
back in the Nikon F days which I use with the D700 (goofed last time and
called it a D200), and it is still a very nice lens.  If and when my R8DMR
dies then I will convert all my R lenses to F mount.  The D700 is a nice
camera, and I have finally got it set up to my liking.  The mirror noise is
horrendous, and my biggest negative on it.  But then the R8DMR is so sweet
with great images, that I still find I use it the majority of the time,
Heavy as hell, but I can live with that for now as I bought a Cotton Carrier
that takes all weight off the shoulders and neck.

Cheers,
Gene