Subject: [Leica] Dropped M9
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 13:14:32 +0100

Well, John, this is exactly wht happened to my M8 a year ago, dropped from a
car boot height to concrete. The pictures appeared to be OK but the meter
was slightly out of focus at infinity. It did not really have any effect on
the pictures but I sent it to Solms nevertheless (through the local dealer)
and the camera was thoroughly inspected. Problem: it took them three months
to do the job - and I live close by ...I think I'd send the machine in for
an inspection, that would help oversome the paranoid aspect of things - I
know how it feels having this happen to a camera one is handling with GREAT
care, just ask my wife!Good luck,Jean-Michel