Subject: [Leica] Ask Question about Summicron -r 50
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 17:42:09 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Ali Yazdi wrote:

>I bought a Summicron-r 50 from Ebay. It has been delivered to me yesterday.
>I have a question. When I close the aperture rining , it will  go to 16 and
>goes one and half tick(step)  further, which is strange because the max
>number  for this lens is 16. My R9 viewfinder  just remains on 16 but from
>what I can see the aperture is closing .
>
>Does anybody have any comment about this? If this is a normal thing for
>Summicron-r 50? It is a ROM version.

Sounds like the rear light/dust baffle is missing or damaged.  The rear
light baffle on many R lenses limits the aperture ring's travel.  Was the
lens converted to ROM from another cam configuration?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from platoali at gmail.com (Ali Yazdi) ([Leica] Ask Question about Summicron -r 50)