Subject: [Leica] IMG: Cornwall
From: john at chiaroscuro.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 14:26:24 +1300

Cornish harbours usually have a large sea wall (as shown) as the open sea is
often rough and so this gives shelter.  Many beaches are also surfing
beaches so the breaking waves carry on for quite a distance out to open
water. Also that size of boat rarely has an anchor! You can see how shallow
the sand slope is so the water comes in gradually and lifts the boats
evenly, they are used for crabbing or pulling in static nets.

john