Subject: [Leica] In case anybody has wondered
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 01:38:09 -0500

...if it's possible and how much the cost would be for Leica to remove
the 135mm framelines in an M9, I received this email from Leica NJ
two days ago in reply to my query about the 135 frame removal:

"Good Morning Phil,
Yes, we can do the modification of the frame.  It will be approximately
about $300.00 this is for the modification only. I hope this helps you.
Kind Regards,"

So, I'd hoped it would have been something reasonable like the $40
charge for the same job on my M4-P but, of course, I didn't have that
done at Leica NJ. Perhaps one of the well known repair folks could do it
for less since the mechanism is exactly the same as in the M7.

Phil Forrest

Replies: Reply from csaganich at gmail.com (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] In case anybody has wondered)
Message from gpinkcp at msn.com (Gary Pinkerton) ([Leica] 2011 LUG Yearbook: Now we are 52)