Subject: [Leica] An epiphany and a terminal fall color.
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 10:44:56 -0800

Luis,

Glad you liked the shot. When I was talking about ISO 3200, I was not
talking about that shot. I simply took a shot or two at some high ISO
values to compare the noise to that of the M9. I assume that the
little Nikon toy has a CMOS sensor and the Leica has a CCD. It would
seem that CCD is noisier than CMOS.

Herb