Subject: [Leica] Looking at buying an M8
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 08:28:00 +0100

I will only add that none of my lenses have need any calibration or other
black magic to work well on my M8, and that the new "budget" line of Leica
lenses, the Summarits. My most-used lens is the 2.5/35mm; I have previously
owned both the Summicron and the Summilux, and preferred to keep this one
because of its small size and superb quality. It gives up half a stop
relative to the Summicron, and there is a tiny bit of barrel distortion, so
if you photograph lots of buildings, it is not for you.

I also have the 75mm Summarit, and I will not hesitate to say that it is the
sharpest Leica M lens I have ever owned (and I have owned some pretty good
ones).

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman