Subject: [Leica] Looking at buying an M8
From: manolito at videotron.ca (manolito at videotron.ca)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:46:28 -0500

For me, photography is mostly about timing. My job is to press the button at
the right time and the camera's job is to not get in my way. I press. It
captures.

My main requirement for a camera is to do what I want it to do when I want
it to.

I am annoyed by cameras with buttons on the front, buttons and toggles all
over the back, on the sides. Panels here and panels there. Extra screens.
Things to pre-program and tehn re-program for something else later. Very
distracting when it comes to my timing.

I suppose one could take 10x more photos to overcome all that distraction.
But then, it isn't really about timing anymore, is it?

I just need one button most of the time -- the shutter release -- and one
screen -- the viewfinder -- that allows me to see the moment when I press
the one button.

For me, only the film Leica M truly fulfills my requirements.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Looking at buying an M8)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Looking at buying an M8)