Subject: [Leica] Experimenting B&W in Lightroom
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 19:12:55 -0600

On 12/21/2011 12:57 AM, Ali Yazdi wrote:
> Experimenting with lightroom and black and white conversions. Any
> suggestion?
>
> B&W exported from Lightroom:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/platoali/Street/Un-2.jpg.html.
>
> The original color one :
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/platoali/Street/Un+color.jpg.html
>

> I have also a problem with Color. The color that is shown in DMR LCD is
> much  much more beautiful  than when I open them in Lightroom or any other
> Software.
>
> Bests
> Ali

Ali,

You will probably need to get a good quality external monitor, and
monitor profiling software and hardware.  I use ColorEyes Pro software.
It comes packaged with a Spyder 3 for $300.  That and a reasonably
priced LCD monitor will probably make a world of difference.  My
monitors are LCD without the ultra-shiny surface.  I don't know enough
about the latter or LED monitors to comment.  You can place the monitor
in one location with uniform lighting, though it need not be dim.
Matching a print to what you see on the monitor is another adventure,
though.

http://www.integrated-color.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CEDP-SP&Category_Code=Display+Calibration

Hope this helps,

Ken