Subject: [Leica] photoshop-vs-lightroom
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 08:24:57 -0500

http://mansurovs.com/photoshop-vs-lightroom
Here is a comparison.
There are hundreds of others you could find in a minute.

Reading it I found it interesting that Lightroom mirrors ACR adobe camera
raw. Which is what I get before my image opens in Photoshop.
There is nothing in Lightroom that is not also in ACR. Other than its
database driving aspects which is what its really supposed to be doing
anyway. The image crunching stuff is tacked on. Its a database.
My main database is Filemaker. I've used that for a bit more than 21 years.
It also will lighten or darken and so an a picture.

If I spend ten minutes on an image which is typical I spend eight minutes in
ACR and two in PS5 (Photoshop).
The idea of not having those two minutes in PS5 is inconceivable to me.
Its inconceivable!
The metaphore for me is trying to develop and print your pictures on your
light table.
Wrong room.
Wrong tool.

--