Subject: [Leica] Christmas Eve.
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 07:22:27 +0530

Nathan,
But of course. The Chinese food we get here is called "Indian Chinese",
because it is spiced up for the Indian palate, so much so that it took me a
few trips to Hong Kong to appreciate authentic Chinese grub. My brother
even owns and runs one of these! It even has its own Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Chinese_cuisine

No different from the uneatable (for me) Chicken Tikka Masala, the current
national dish of UK! I think this fusion and synthesis is essential in food
- IMHO, there is no 'real' national cuisine, just adaptations to suit local
tastes (even within a country - China/India are the prime examples - there
are too many local variations to even keep track) - all of which are
validated and assimilated in time.

Cheers
Jayanand