Subject: [Leica] photoshop-vs-lightroom
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 14:04:03 -0600

On Dec 27, 2011, at 1:45 PM, Montie wrote:

> the battle is won
> and you can return to the kitchen!!  ;-)

the "battle" does not even exist.

We can easily refer to the "vs." in the subject
as a red herring.

Lightroom and PhotoShop complement one another.
They certainly do not do battle with one another.

An experienced craftsman does not "battle" over which tool to reach for.
The nature and stage of the project dictates the proper tool.

I don't reach for the table saw
when my Japanese hand saw will do the job very well;
and more quietly; and with less mess.

When needing to cut you don't reach for a clamp.
When needing to glue up the pieces you don't reach for a saw.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com