Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 26 & 27/12/2011: autumn colours
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 16:20:37 -0800

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

>> December 27th: I read a long time ago something to the effect that when
>> you see a setting sun, turn around and look at what it is illuminating:
>> http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#1649437879_GPxzC2X-O-LB

Hi Nathan,
That could be an old one of mine. :-) So often when there's a beautiful
sunset photographers just  shoot the setting sun. Because it's generally
accepted to be the "BEAUTY SPOT PHOTO!" Not necessarily so!

In great error they never turn around to see what the sun is doing as it
flashes right past them at the speed of light! :-)

Like? "What is it shinning on?" It dosn't stop at your feet! But flashes by
creating quite often a far more beautiful photograph behind than the sunset
itself!

"NEVER SHOOT A SUNSET WITHOUT LOOKING BEHIND YOU!"

A very nice result as you've shown when looking at where the sun is going
and what it's shining on!

Cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Message from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 26 & 27/12/2011: autumn colours)